There are two types of men in this world – Elvis men & Beatles men.
Neither is more right than the other, just different. However, The Modern Gentleman is definitely an Elvis man. Here’s why…
One of the guys in the King’s “Memphis Mafia,” the first real posse of the music world, had the responsibility to carry with him a cigar box full of various “items” Elvis deemed indispensable and could never find himself caught without.
The Modern Gentleman always prepares for any eventuality that he may encounter. And since the future remains unseen, you need to think like the King and plan ahead. Hence the “Elvis kit.”
I keep mine in a black leather overnight kit, not too different than a shaving kit. Inside I keep the following items for myself and anyone who may need something they’ve forgotten. Here’s what you’ll find inside.
- Spare pair of contact lenses with lens case and solution
- Tooth brush, tooth paste, dental floss and mouthwash
- Hand sanitizer
- Moisturizing lotion and sunscreen
- Hair gel and hair brush
- Double stick tape (wardrobe malfunctions)
- Bar of soap (hotel size)
- Shampoo/Conditioner (hotel size)
- Disposable razor
- Lysol (travel size)
- Pair of latex gloves (you just never know)
- Twenty dollars
- Clean pair of socks, boxers and a plain white crew neck t-shirt
- Various single use packages of pain relievers, allergy medication, and stomach remedies
- Folding lock blade knife
- Fluorescent glow sticks (accidents and raves can happen at any time)
- and a few other trademarked secrets I reserve for my inner circle
The Modern Gentleman will understand the importance of investing the time it takes to put together his own “Elvis Kit.”